With its wonderful climate, great scenery, and friendly populace, St. George is one of the best places to visit for a vacation within Utah. If you’re planning to head there with your family, there are several activities you shouldn’t miss out on. Being both fun and relaxing, these will be a welcome addition to any tourist’s schedule.
1. Tuacahn Amphitheater – A famous outdoor venue that produces Broadway productions every year, the Tuacahn Amphitheater is an affordable place to watch wonderful musicals with your loved ones. Best of all, nearby hotels like the Clarion Suites Saint George often bundle a ticket to the show with their travel packages. The shows usually take place in the summer and fall.
2. Pioneer Park – Do you want to stretch your legs and explore the great outdoors? Pioneer Park is a favorite among locals and tourists alike because of its towering peaks and challenging trails. Whether you want to try your hand at rock climbing, hike a few miles, or just see the entire city from a great vantage point, this park is a great place to visit.
3. St. George Children’s Museum – Inquisitive young minds will love wandering around this free museum. The exhibitions are fun, unique, and usually hands-on; there are even occasional events and classes to look forward to. When you’re done marveling at everything, pay a visit to the gift shop for a nice souvenir.
4. Utah Shakespeare Festival – When June rolls around, you can look forward to the annual Utah Shakespeare Festival, and watch talented people bring the bard’s works to life. It takes place in Cedar City, just 45 minutes away from St. George, so travel is not much of an issue.
5. Coyote Gulch Art Village – A hidden gem, home to a growing number of art galleries, cozy cafés, and studios. This is a wonderful place if your family has an appreciation for quality artwork. There are a few great restaurants here as well, which tourists should try.
There are many other things you can do in St. George, but these are some of the most popular choices. Even if you’re only visiting for a weekend, make sure that you try to work one or two of these activities into your plans.