Human skin, being the body’s largest organ, needs special attention. But, most people tend to neglect this area. Apart from the daily cleaning with soap and water and application of body creams and moisturizers, not much is done to care for the skin. It’s only when rashes appear due to an allergy or a constant itching condition that people see a dermatologist.
Effective cosmetic dermatology requires qualified dermatologists to examine and treat all skin disorders and provide preventive medical services such as regular skin check-ups for malignant growths on the skin. The process is mostly confined to reducing stretch marks in women or acne scars. But experts also give advice on post-operative scars on the skin and aid in their fast removal.
- A dermatologist helps screen you for probable skin diseases through annual check-ups. This applies especially to those who have fair skin, light eyes, a history of a malignant condition called melanoma, and an excess of 50 moles on their body. Apart from screening, dermatologists also treat different types of skin cancers. So, if you have a suspicious skin lesion which refuses to go away, it’s time to consult a cosmetic dermatology specialist.
- A cyst, patch, growth or mole that continues to grow and change colour or shape needs to be checked by a dermatologist to make a correct diagnosis. If you suffer from psoriasis or persistent and irritating skin rashes such as warts, it needs to be treated by a dermatologist immediately.
- In case you suffer from acne that can’t be treated with over-the-counter medication, have an appointment with a dermatologist. They will be able to advise you on the type of acne you have and prescribe the appropriate medicines.
- For eczema, a chronic skin disease characterized by irritation and flaky skin patches and even oozing at times, a dermatologist will help you manage your condition through proper medication.
- For those with brittle nails and hair with severe dandruff and other conditions related to dry scalp, dermatologists can also offer effective treatment. Moreover, dermatological problems caused by medication and beauty products need special attention, which only a skin specialist can provide.