Security guards are responsible in keeping people and property safe, whether at home, in the office or other public places. Unlike the police or the army, they only serve the clients who have personally hired their services. As threats continue to increase, people become more conscious of this new kind of danger and are hiring security guards.
There are many security companies today due to the increase in demand for this kind of guards. These companies provide insurance cover for these guards and also supply them with all the necessary equipment to do their duties efficiently.
They are provided with communication devices to coordinate with their team, colleagues, the police, and their office during an emergency. The most common ones are called digital radios, which are very efficient and reliable with adequate voice clarity and long lasting battery life.
Vertex Standard discusses some of the reasons many security companies provide their guards with this type of device:
- These devices are very useful when guards have to report any suspicious person or activity they notice while on duty.
- They are specially designed for this kind of security companies with maximum ground coverage.
- They have tracking capabilities and are easy to handle. Hence, they are suitable for any location and weather conditions.
- They are lightweight. As security guards are already carrying arms and ammunitions, a light device like this is preferable.
- Most of these devices have very easy to use interface. The guards will find it highly convenient when sending messages during an emergency situation.
- The sound quality is not affected by electrical interferences or bad weather conditions.
- These devices usually have rechargeable batteries. Each set also comes with an extra battery, so the security personnel need not wait for the batteries to be recharged.
With these devices, security guards are able to pass on vital information to higher authorities or the police and request help if necessary. These also help improve their job performance, making their clients feel secure against security threats.