Summer is a time of year when the kids are on a break from school. Families are busy travelling or having friends over. Rest and relaxation can be difficult if the air conditioner is sluggish or not working at all. If you notice that the air conditioner is not working properly, schedule an appointment with a Perth air conditioner repair company to figure out what is going on and get it fixed immediately, All Air Services advised.
Indicators of A/C problems
- Not turning on: This is the most obvious indicator. Before calling a technician, check to see if the circuit breaker tripped or not. If it seems fine, check the unit for obvious problems and then call the repair company.
- Lack of cool air: If the A/C is working and the house is not cooling, you should call the repairperson. Check the thermostat first and a few vents in different rooms for cool air. Turn off the system and call the repairperson to assess the situation.
- Too much water: If you find that the A/C is leaking too much condensation, this is because of the refrigerant. It may require a small fix and the technician can tell you what is wrong.
- Too much ice: If you look at the A/C unit and see that there is a lot of ice build-up around the unit, you have to call the repair company soon. Turn the unit off so that the ice doesn’t cause any further damage.
- Bad smell: If the A/C unit is emitting out unpleasant smell, then it is definitely time to get things checked by a professional. It may be common for a unit to generate funny smell especially if it hasn’t been turned on for a while, but if it persists, it is time to call a technician to address the issue.
It is always a good idea to sign a service contract with an HVAC company so that they can do annual check-up and save you from problems.